Thursday 7 October 2010

like a french movie

[And again, Vilma shows her skills and leaves me looking miserable. Now I'm referring to the previous post. Oh well. Nice photos, girl. You're brilliant.]

In chess, it's called Zugzwang, when the only viable move is not to move.

Today's been a weird, slow day. I've laughed and cried and tried to study and sat in a metro train feeling a bit senseless, like not knowing which muscle to move next. I've been with my friends and loved them more than ever, even if that's not possible. I've been sitting down, doing nothing and wondering about the biscuits on the floor and feeling just fine, like that's all I'd need to do. I've been stripped of stress. It's a relief.

You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

I saw a movie that easily ranks as one of the best ones that I've seen, Mr. Nobody. It really made me cry (and some of the actors were really fucking hot, even some that weren't Jared Leto). I don't think I'd have gone to see it alone. This is where the friends come in again. The movie was the kind where the plot doesn't matter but the message and the themes that are talked about. It was mainly about time, choices, a big mess of answering the age old question of 'what if'. It's a foolish game we play, and this movie was about that as well. About how every choice is equal, and of every choice comes something good and something bad. And how coincidence plays part in how things go. And how, really, you can't change things afterwards. If you make a wrong choice, you can only try and make it better.

Before he was unable to make a choice because he didn't know what would happen. Now that he knows what will happen, he is unable to make a choice.



Most of the time nothing happened... like a French movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment