Tuesday 28 September 2010

i wish we could open our eyes

Even though I'm usually tired in the mornings and my huge bed is stunningly comfortable, I've grown to really like mornings like this one. I get to listen to music and drink my tea and get ready for the day. There are a few problems, though.

1. My brother wakes up grumpy, noisy and in need of a long shower.
2. My mum really hates this. She is loud when she hates something.
3. My brother is easily annoyed by my mum being loud. He's loud when he's annoyed with something.
4. I usually don't have to wake up as early as my brother, because I've had my share of early mornings during the first 11 years of my 12 years of school.
5. I don't sleep too well when it's really noisy.
6. When my brother is taking a shower for an hour lying in the bathtub and using up all the hot water (we don't have that problem, but it's really annoying when we're on holiday).
7. My brother usually likes to go to the shower just about when I have to wake up. He doesn't mind being late. I do.

So they are noisy together and I turn around in my bed for an hour unable to sleep. When I finally wake up, my brother is in the shower and won't get out of the bathroom. Our only bathroom in the house. Then, about 15 minutes before I have to leave, I get to use it. Usually. Because guess which is more important, my getting to school in time or my dad's getting to work in time?

I usually shower in the evening. It's just easier that way.

Today, my morning music is Sigur Rós, Death Cab For Cutie, Scandinavian Music Group and of the like. It finally looks like autumn. I need to brush my hair. I have a test in German in about an hour, and I'm going to be screwed, because I've kind of been busy with all the matriculation exams and shit. Haven't had time to concentrate on studying German, seriously. But I guess I'll just have to do my best. And try and pass the exam.

Morning, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment